I like doing surveys. And since last semester, I’ve become the one creating the survey and going out to ask people to fill it in. It is a tough job, but it’s ok…I don’t hate it.
Getting people to do surveys is hard work:
- You need to be thick-skinned.
- You need to be able to handle rejection and not let it bother you.
- You need to be smart so as to minimize rejection.
- You need perseverance. Collecting data IS long and hard.
- You need to try every single resource you have. That does not mean you do things blindly.
- You need to be able to resist temptation. How you achieve this will determine whether your work is biased or not.